Sunday, January 10, 2010
Wow! What a weekend! The intended parents came into town this weekend and accomplished a handful of things! The big thing was the hospital visit. We took them to the hospital so they'll know where to go, park, etc and we met with the supervisor of Mother/Baby. He gave a tour of the Labor & Delivery and Mother/Baby Unit and we discussed many things to be prepared for the big day! This will be their first experience with a vaginal birth (considering all goes as well as mine have in the past) so it was good for them to see the rooms and discuss details of what they'll experience to some extent. We also met with a social worker and made sure she had everything she needed to help make this whole experience as smooth as possible! The big thing was them having their own room with their new baby, which does not appear to be a problem, as I might very well go home early anyway since I won't have a baby for them to look after. They were very excited after this visit as it made it even more real for them! Saturday night we met back up with them and headed to my parents house. Shane's mom joined us and they were able to meet my parents, Shane's mom (his dad was out of town) and my sisters and their children. We had a wonderful time that night and they really enjoyed getting to know our family. Then, this morning (Sunday morning), we met again and headed to church. Our Sunday School class was so wonderful as they provided breakfast and gifts in honor of their presence. We had a morning of sharing, prayer and a wonderful "lesson", as our teacher did his own short lesson in regards to this family and the surrogacy. We were all so overwhelmed by the great love and support our class showed! Shane and I have been so blessed to share this journey with our class and to finally share them personally with P&K was wonderful! They were so blessed and overwhelmed by the love that our class showed!! I am 37 weeks, a little less than 3 weeks from the due date. However, I would LOVE it if he decided to come a little early! lol I won't complain at all! :) Well, God has the perfect time for his arrival and I know it'll be perfect!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So exciting! I'm praying for you all and that the delivery goes smoothly... May the Lord bless you in your selflessness and grace towards others!
ReplyDeletebest of luck..God bless you.. surrogacy in thailand
ReplyDelete